Latest News & Announcements
More digital books are available for students to read on mobile devices while at home!
Go to this link: http://abdodigital.com/login/
Polk County Public Schools now has a helpline to assist parents and students if they are experiencing technical issues during distance learning.
The helpline is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
You can reach the helpline by calling (863) 614-1600.
You can visit polkschoolsfl.com or the district’s social media accounts for more information about our helpline.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all work together to keep our students learning during these very challenging times. Thank you.
Controlled Open Enrollment (COE) Application
Notification will be made in accordance with Polk County Schools Policy #5121. 2019 – 2020 Applications for residents of Polk County will be accepted from April 1, 2019 (8:00 AM) – Apr 26, 2019 (5:00 PM). 2019 – 2020 Applications for non-residents of Polk County will be accepted from May 1, 2019 (8:00 AM) – May 31, 2019 (5:00 PM).
About the Controlled Open Enrollment (COE) Process
Each student shall attend his/her zoned school unless approval is granted to transfer to another school (including public schools in surrounding counties), pursuant to state law. Parent seek to enroll their children in a school other than their “zoned” school for a variety of reasons. Pursuant to HB 7029, beginning in the 2017-2018 school year, parents seeking additional choice options for their student(s) may apply for placement for their child in any school in the state that has not reached capacity (available seats). Controlled Open Enrollment allows school districts to make student school assignments based on the parent’s indicated school of choice. Approved COE applicants will be notified in writing once the enrollment period ends. You are required to take your notification letter to the assigned school to obtain a class schedule.
- Transportation to and from the transfer/placement school is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
- Student Hardship Transfer/Placement is available for students within Polk County.
- Student Hardship Transfers/Placements and Employee Transfer/Placement requests must be renewed each year.
- COE Applications are available during the appropriate time periods on the District’s website, and paper copies are available upon request.
- IEP requirements cannot be guaranteed for students accepting a COE Transfer/Placement.
Visit https://polkschoolsfl.com/enroll/ to Enroll.