Latest News & Announcements
Outgoing 5th graders, don't forget to fill out your Bartow Middle School Summer Elective Academy form. You can disregard the May 10th deadline and return as soon as possible.
Controlled Open Enrollment (COE) Application
Notification will be made in accordance with Polk County Schools Policy #5121. 2019 – 2020 Applications for residents of Polk County will be accepted from April 1, 2019 (8:00 AM) – Apr 26, 2019 (5:00 PM). 2019 – 2020 Applications for non-residents of Polk County will be accepted from May 1, 2019 (8:00 AM) – May 31, 2019 (5:00 PM).
About the Controlled Open Enrollment (COE) Process
Each student shall attend his/her zoned school unless approval is granted to transfer to another school (including public schools in surrounding counties), pursuant to state law. Parent seek to enroll their children in a school other than their “zoned” school for a variety of reasons. Pursuant to HB 7029, beginning in the 2017-2018 school year, parents seeking additional choice options for their student(s) may apply for placement for their child in any school in the state that has not reached capacity (available seats). Controlled Open Enrollment allows school districts to make student school assignments based on the parent’s indicated school of choice. Approved COE applicants will be notified in writing once the enrollment period ends. You are required to take your notification letter to the assigned school to obtain a class schedule.
- Transportation to and from the transfer/placement school is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
- Student Hardship Transfer/Placement is available for students within Polk County.
- Student Hardship Transfers/Placements and Employee Transfer/Placement requests must be renewed each year.
- COE Applications are available during the appropriate time periods on the District’s website, and paper copies are available upon request.
- IEP requirements cannot be guaranteed for students accepting a COE Transfer/Placement.
Visit https://polkschoolsfl.com/enroll/ to Enroll.
Polk County Public Schools has decided that the fee to cover volunteers’ background checks, as well as their badge and handbook, will remain $25 through the end of the calendar year.
Polk County Public Schools will be using more extensive volunteer background checks as part of our security measures to protect students and staff. The district will incur an additional charge for the statewide and national background checks.
However, through the end of 2018, the cost to volunteers will remain $25. We are exploring other funding sources to help offset the cost of background screening for volunteers on an ongoing basis. More information will follow.
For more information on volunteering with Polk County Public Schools, please visit our website: www.polkschoolsfl.com/getinvolved.
Parent Portal has change for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Parent Portal is apart of the new FOCUS system.
- Parents will use their email address as their username
- You will still need to obtain a PIN from the school to attach a student to your account. Each parent will have a separate PIN.